SALARY: $47,295.82 - $63,367.46 Annually
LOCATION: 6500 Highland Road Waterford, MI
JOB TYPE: Full Time
JOB NUMBER: 2023-138
DEPARTMENT: Aviation & Transportation
OPENING DATE: 05/08/2023
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
The following is a link to the position information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oakgov/jobs/4032106/airport-maintenance-rescue-specialist-i
Under limited supervision, performs manual and semi-skilled maintenance, repair and construction work on airport buildings, grounds and equipment. Operates a variety of manual and power tools in the performance of duties and performs as a member of aircraft crash-fire-rescue crews, operating emergency fire vehicles, and fire suppression and extraction equipment as required. Loads and unloads supplies and equipment weighing in excess of 125 pounds. Inspects airfield and buildings, reporting irregularities encountered, and acts as the airport representative during hours administrative offices are closed. May work day, afternoon or midnight shifts and/or weekends or any combination as assigned at all County-owned airports. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
- Valid Driver's License Number
At time of application, applicants must:
- Be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test.
- Have one (1) year of full-time work experience involving building, trades, construction, mechanical, or airport maintenancework and operations.
- Possess a valid United States motor vehicle Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Group “A” designation with “N”endorsement with air brakes. Out of the Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate validState of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
NOTE: Employees without the required CDL at time of application must obtain it by the end of the six month probationaryperiod, at the employee's expense.
- Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
- Successfully complete the six month probationary period. (SEE NOTE)
NOTE: Must successfully complete certification as an Airport Rescue Firefighter (ARFF) issued from an institution recognized by the Federal Aviation Administration by the end of the six month probationary period.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer
your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered.
Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills,experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
- Must maintain a valid United States Commercial Driver's License (CDL) as specified under required minimum qualifications.
- Must maintain certification as an Airport Rescue Firefighter (ARFF) issued from an institution recognized by the Federal Aviation Administration.
Oakland County Michigan
2100 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, Michigan, 48328
See full PDF for Supplemental Questionnaire